Direct Cataract Referrals
Direct Cataract referral scheme
This service is now available across the whole of the Tees area.
Purpose and nature of the scheme
Where Optometrist, having performed an eye examination and identified cataract that is causing visual problems to a patient of NHS. Optometrist will provide the following service:
- Explain what cataract treatment involves and discuss options with the patient. Obtain patient’s consent to proceed with referral for surgery.
- Check fundii under mydriasis and record results on referral form.
- Complete cataract referral form up to and including “disabilities” section.
- Provide the patient with the Choice Booklet and telephone number of the Choice Team, in order for the patient to discuss choice of provider and arrange booking of their hospital appointment.
- To provide the patient with the “RNIB Cataract Booklet”.
- Where the patient has no access to a telephone the Optometrist will contact the Choice team on behalf of the patient during the consultation.
- Fax referral form to CHOICE/MARS team within 24 hours
Co-morbidity precludes patients from referral via Direct Cataract referral and must be referred in the normal manner using a GOS18.
Tees Cataract Service powerpoint (pptx) (download)